- 30 minutes to 1 hour: slight insomnia
- 1 to 2 hours: moderate insomnia
- More than 2 hours and having a lot of thoughts/dreams: severe insomnia
- Palpitation, memory loss, easily woken up and difficult to fall back to sleep: very severe insomnia
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) can help you fight insomnia!
According to TCM teaching, “Loss of sleep can be caused by fatigue and anxiety. The symptoms include dry throat and reddened tongue, which can be treated by nourishing the blood, soothing the nerves, removing heat, and relieving irritation.”
6 Tips To A Better Night’s Sleep:
1. Go to bed only when you really feel like sleeping
If you go to bed without feeling sleepy, you may spend more than 30 minutes rolling in bed, bringing unnecessary stress and anxiety.
2. If you have the habit of taking supper, eat until you are about 80% full.
It is difficult to fall asleep with a full stomach (It is also difficult to sleep if you are very hungry).
3. Do not drink and smoke within 3 hours before bed.
Smoking can stimulate the cerebral cortex and cause loss of sleep, whereas consuming a small amount of wine will improve sleeping quality. On the other hand, it is not advisable to habitually drink wine before bed, as one may find it difficult to go to sleep without alcohol.
4. Do not exercise right before bed.
Exercising within 2 hours before your bed time may affect your sleep.
5. Refrain from caffeine at least 6 hours before sleep.
Avoid coffee, tea, and energy drinks.
6. Have a good sleeping environment
The living room should be quiet with soft lighting. Choose soft and comfortable bedding.
Treatment by TCM acupuncture:
- Shenmen (“Spirit Gate”) acupuncture point
- Baihui (“One Hundred Meetings”) acupuncture point
#Vancouver #TCM #Acupuncture #Acupressure #Insomnia #Sleep #Relaxation #Relief #Anxiety